Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2 (QCF)
Qualification Number: 600/0140/9
Credit Value: 0
Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2(QCF)
This qualification is suitable for candidates aged 14 and above. The NCFE Functional Skills qualification in English at Level 2 is an ideal qualification for candidates wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in English in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life. It is suitable for a wide range of individuals and is fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as the Diploma and Apprenticeships.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
The qualification has 45 guided learning hours.
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification has 3 mandatory components:
• Speaking, Listening and Communication
Speaking, Listening and Communication is assessed via a summative, controlled assessment that is internally assessed and moderated, and externally moderated.
The Reading and Writing components are assessed via 2 separate externally set and assessed task-based question papers.
The assessments will both last for 1 hour including candidate reading time.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• NCFE Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics
• NCFE Functional Skills qualification in Information and Communication Technology
• As this qualification develops transferable skills which will be useful in work and life, learners could also progress onto a variety of NCFE qualifications in Employability, Money Management, or vocational areas.
• This qualification is also an integral part of the Apprenticeship frameworks.