Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 2 (QCF)
Qualification Number: 501/2324/5
Credit Value: 0
Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 2(QCF)
This qualification is suitable for candidates aged 14 and above. The Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics at Level 2 is an ideal qualification for candidates wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in Mathematics in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life. It is suitable for a wide range of individuals and is fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as the Diploma and Apprenticeships.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
The qualification has 45 guided learning hours.
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification consists of one mandatory component:
• Component 1 Mathematics
Each candidate is required to undertake an externally set and assessed task-based question paper.
The assessment lasts for 2 hours.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in English
• NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in Information and Communication Technology
• Level 3 Core Maths qualifications
• As this qualification develops transferable skills which will be useful in work and life, learners could also progress onto a variety of NCFE qualifications in Employability, Money Management, or vocational areas.
• This qualification is also an integral part of the Apprenticeship frameworks.